Tuesday, September 27, 2011

!! IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE REGARDING 3D PRINTING

Hi all! Thanks for the new posts. Keep them flowing please.

I have some important news regarding the printing of the 3D typography. All the files have been delivered for the files as I indicated. There has been a lot of discussion about developing a process where students and staff can submit an online form to order 3D prints. We are it seems the first group to use the system and so it has taken a while to sort out the bugs and identify the actual process.  The process for us is now as follows:

1. Go to this link and fill out the online form:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&pli=1&formkey=dGhxRUREeUxHVWdKSklDcjlrbEsxVUE6MQ#gid=0

If you have trouble accessing the form use this log in.

user:    cofa3dp@gmail.com
pass:    3dprototype

2. When you complete the form Hayden who is printing our files will then be able to send you a receipt that has the info you need to organise payment and picking up the print. Prices will vary depending on the size of your file.


3. When you go to pick up the 3D print take a screen grab of your design to confirm which is your print.
This is important so don't skip this step.


PLEASE NOTE: I have been advised today by Hayden that he will being printing the files on Thursday and Friday.

Should you have any problems with the form try the log in provided - if you still have problems then email me at: ian.mcarthur@unsw.edu.au

1 comment:

  1. in the field "name of file to be printed"

    Should I fill in what I emailed you
    or should I
    label my file with my name like the instruction asked us to?

    ReplyDelete