Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Welcome back - Week 4! Time is flying by.

Not strictly 'typography" but this rapid prototype of some wildstyle graffiti could get your imagination going...learn more here.


Hi everyone. I hope the week is progressing well for you all and the studio is buzzing with activity.

The posts about typefaces are continuing to appear, and they are overall pretty great! I love the humour creeping into some posts. Fantastic stuff.

Last week I mentioned that I was in the process of organisng a computer lab for the purposes of exploring and creating rapid prototypes to be used in Project 2 (hence my image and link above). I can now report that I have the lab and the lecturer lined up to deliver a workshop in WEEK 6 (take note).

The Computer Lab 206C is booked for Wed 24 August 9am-12noon. It holds 14 students and although I know there are more of you, I think the best strategy will be to share a computer. Having someone to discuss, compare and solve issues will be very helpful. Rod Bamford will be conducting the session and Lauren and I will be there also. Should be great, and I'm sure we'll all learn a lot from it. The files will then be output via the Printing Section in F Block. I am still defining the details, cost of the material etc. and will advise as soon as I can about those aspects of the activity.

As you know, this week's focus continues to be the acquisition of skills in the Letterpress Studio and the continued development of your response to Project 1:

Studio: Letterpress technique. Continue composition and printing of letterpress booklet.
Self-Directed: Refine selected designs for printing in next class.

Wondering a bit about the history of Letterpress? I stumbled across this last week and thought I'd post it - it's a nice summary.




No comments:

Post a Comment