Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Great session today everyone!

Hi everyone. I felt pretty excited by the possibilities implied by today's session with Rod Bamford on rapid prototyping basic letterforms for use in our new brief. I got the sense that this was the same for most of you as well. Make sure you get the tutorial from the transit folder and continue to develop and refine your design.

It's important now to take the time to read the brief and familiarise yourself with what we are going to embark upon. You now have the basic information to develop your 3D model. I encourage you to complete this as soon as possible. I am meeting with Rod and Richard (from the printery) tomorrow to thrash out the details of how to output the files. I will post the information to you before the end of the week via the blog.

As promised I have also posted a new online lecture and it's associated discussion point. You'll find the lecture here. Please read it and write a response to the DISCUSSION POINT at the end. Post it to the blog as instructed. The lecture is a timely introduction to publication style sheets. this applies equally to print and web based publications so I am sure you will find it relevant to our new brief - to design an online magazine.

Finally, inspired by my recent post that included the 3D graffiti, Lauren has kindly shared an interesting video she found on Vimeo. It's well worth a look and a nice way to end off our work today. Please enjoy.


Graffiti Analysis 2.0: Digital Blackbook from Evan Roth on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment